Does the owner’s car insurance get used, or does the person who was driving the car use their own ? Also, is it techically “legal” to let someone else drive your car without putting them on your insurance? What if they just borrowed it once or twice and got into an accident? Does the owner get penalized by his/her insurance company, or will the owner’s insurance even cover the accident?
Just something I have wondered, especially since I have had to drive my fiancee’s car around the past few days since my car is in for repairs. I am not on his policy, and I don’t PLAN on having an accident, but I like to be prepared with knowledge. Thanks!
Incoming search terms for the article:
- if someone else is driving my car are they insured
- if someone gets in an accident in your car
- if someone has an accident in your car
- if you let someone drive your car they crash
- if someone else drives your car and gets in an accident are you responsible
- what happens if someone is driving your car and gets in an accident
- what happens if someone gets in an accident in your car
- my friend crashed my car am i liable
- in california what happens when you let someone else drive your car and they get in a wreck
- is it illegal to let someone drive your car